In this blog post I’ll talk about what Affiliate Marketing is and how you can possibly make money online from being an affiliate marketer.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is basically when an affiliate marketer earns a commission or a certain percentage of the total price of the product for marketing a seller’s product/s. The affiliate marketer must search for a product that they enjoy and then promote that product. The affiliate marketer and the seller both earn money when a sale is made.
Affiliate Marketing is usually done online. The seller will give the affiliate marketer a unique link. This unique link can be tracked by the seller. And this same link is the reason that a seller will know that a certain affiliate marketer made the sale. In a world with a lot of affiliate marketers, there should be something to alert the seller and trace which affiliate marketer made the sale and that is why the unique link is very important.
Affiliate Marketing Basically has 3 Types of People Involved:
1. Seller– Usually big companies and small business owners or entrepreneurs. They are the makers of the products that the affiliate marketer is promoting. By the help of affiliate marketers they gain more exposure and traffic to their businesses. And more traffic is equal to more sales opportunity. That is why they reward the affiliate marketer with a portion of their profits.
2. Affiliate Marketer– These are the people who earns a commission when making a sale by promoting the products made by the sellers. They are the middle man that connects the customer to the product or service of the seller.
3. Customer– These are the people who buys the product. Also known as the consumer or the buyer. Sometimes may refer to the people who visit (visitor) your website when they buy a product from your website affiliate link. The customer buys the product at retail price from the affiliate marketer or from the seller. When they buy from the link of an affiliate marketer, the affiliate marketer gets a share from the profit, the customer pays the same price as retail. Someone who wants to buy or looking for a product that they need or like.
Create a Website
Your website is the foundation of your online business in affiliate marketing. Your website is where you create content and how you are going to be ranked in Google searches. Your website is like your online storefront. This is where you can promote the products that you like. When someone looks at your website and purchase a product through an affiliate link that you created, you make money as an affiliate marketer.
Benefits of Being an Affiliate Marketer?
You don’t need inventory, no need to create products and services, no need to do customer support, no shipping, no headaches. You simply drive people from your website to big companies (like Amazon) and make money from the commissions if someone makes a purchase.
Different affiliate programs pays a different percentage of commissions, but may range from 1 to 75%. The percentage varies from different companies.
With affiliate programs, it really pays to work well with others. Also known as referral programs, affiliate programs are normally commission based sales. You’ll recommend a site to your website visitors and then pick up a percentage of any sale that your visitors make. You will benefit from the commission as an affiliate marketer and the seller benefits from the sales.
If you already have a website set up, you can run an affiliate program from it, or you can build a website to promote a particular product or service. As long as it brings in more cash than it takes to build or run the website, you’ll be fine and you will make some money as an affiliate marketer.
With any marketing program, you’ll need to be careful when you select an affiliate program. The benefit of an affiliate program will give you another way to make money from your site visitors. Instead of selling your visitors a product, you simply send them to a partner which is a seller then take a cut of the profits.
Affiliate Program Tips for Beginners:
1. Do not accept any less than 20% with
commission. You can find many programs with great
payment structures and high percentages of pay in
just about any field.
2. Look for statistic pages that list the
number of click-throughs, sales, and earnings so
you’ll be able to see how you are doing.
3. Always look for programs that offer a
wide variety of tools to put on your website,
including banners, text links, and of course graphics.
4. Find out how often you’ll be paid and
be sure that the payment schedule meets with your
own expectations. Some programs will pay monthly,
while others will pay quarterly.
5. Be sure that top level affiliate support is
included. If they can’t answer your questions in
a quick and timely manner, you don’t want to work
Once you learn what you are doing with affiliate programs, you can make a lot of money. If you are just starting out, you should always use common sense and not rush into anything.
As you become more familiar with how things work, you’ll be well on your way to making a lot of money and enjoy making it. If you have to work hard, you’ll be glad you did. Affiliate marketing is not easy, you need to work hard.
You need to learn how to create a website and how to search for keywords and use these keywords. You need to learn how to get traffic to your website. It takes a while to build everything, it will take a lot of your time and it is not easy, unless you are already an affiliate marketing pro.
Affiliate Marketing is not for people who needs to get rich quick. It is definitely not a get rich quick scheme, unless you are already a pro and know what you are doing and how to do it.
Most affiliate programs are free to join.
There is a website that helps you to understand and learn how to effectively become an affiliate marketer. To learn more click here to watch a video of how it works.
Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to learn more about this opportunity.
Disclosure: Some links may contain referral links and I may be compensated for this.